Friday, July 11, 2008

RESCUE ME Winner

The winner of RESCUE ME is Cheryl S. Yay, Cheryl! Please email me at ljodamron@gmail.com with your mailing info by Tuesday. If I don't hear from Cheryl by Tuesday evening, I'll draw another name.
Thanks to all who entered!
What is everyone doing this weekend? We're going to a much-anticipated exhibit at The Ohio Historical Society in Columbus tomorrrow - Capture the Moment: Pulitzer Prize Photographs. We've looked forward to this for weeks and were excited to learn that they have another exhibit also showing now titled It Happened in Ohio: The Kent State Shootings. With Kelsey heading off to Kent State next month (sniff), this should be especially interesting.
Have a great weekend!
Laurie

5 comments:

Laurie G said...

The late 60's early 70's were such a turbulent time period. I can vividly remember the Kent State massacre of 4 students. I never understood how they could shoot to kill, with real bullets, unarmed students.
I had an older brother & sister attending U of Wisconsin during this time period. My sister was a freshman in 1970, my brother had been a senoir there in 1969 when Sterling Hall was bombed killing a physics researcher/professor. He was in grad school there in 1970.

Susan said...

Congratulations, Cheryl!

We are having a quite weekend at home. Your plans sound fabulous! Have a wonderful.

Fedora said...

Congrats, Cheryl! And what a fascinating weekend it sounds like you're having! We had a church picnic this morning, which the kids loved. Now we're lying around recovering :)

Karin said...

Congratulations, Cheryl!

My weekend so far has been about celebrating birthdays. I took my parents to dinner for my dad's birthday yesterday and spent this evening with a co-worker to celebrate her birthday.

The ironic thing is that she just purchased a book called Capture the Moment: Pulitzer Prize Photographs, so I probably saw some of the photos that will be at the exhibit.

Judy F said...

Congrats CHeryl. NO exciting weekend plans for me. sadly