Wednesday, November 09, 2011

An oldie but goodie!

I don't know if any of you enjoy series romance, but I recently read one that is worth talking about. Harlequin Presents has reissued numerous titles from the 90s and I've been making a point to stay away from them, preferring more current, updated reading. There was one title, THE PRICE OF A BRIDE by Michelle Reid that had so many interesting reviews that I couldn't resist.


The characters in this book are incredibly well-written and their story is unique. There was a little more love/hate than I typically have patience for, but overall this is a very good book, with an interesting storyline. The heroine is the character who is tortured, and although I wanted to give the characters a swift kick a couple of times, I stayed up late last night to read and finished it on my lunch break today. I recommend this book for romance lovers.
Are any of you fans of series romance?  I enjoy the Presents and Desire lines. They're quick reads and I always find the happily ever after satisfying.
What's everybody reading these days?
Laurie

3 comments:

Lisa Freeman said...

I agree Laurie. I love to read Presents and Desires in between review books. They are pure enjoyment and escapism! And usually these two lines are well written and not so over the top.

Unknown said...

I just read Caroline Fyfee's Texas Twilight and really enjoyed it, reading an older Lisa Kleypas right now.

Laurie G said...

I DO ENJOY THESE QUICK READS. THEY ARE PERFECT WHEN YOU'RE ON THE GO AND HAVE TO WAIT FOR AN APPOINTMENT OR WAIT FOR SOMEONE. I TOO LIKE THE PRESENTS LINE AS IT TAKES ME OUT OF THE USA TO MORE EXOTIC LOCALES. DESIRES, BLAZES AND TEMPTATIONS ..VERY SEXY READS.
OOPS too lazy to rewrite.

I occasionally read the Super Romances and the Romantic Suspenses. Recently discovered the Inspirational line. I like to fit a selection to my mood.