Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Walking for the Cure!


My daughters and I recently again accepted the challenge to raise funds to support the Komen Columbus Race for the Cure® on May 14, 2011 in the fight against breast cancer. This pic is from last May - it was such a special day! I'm especially excited because I've dropped about 25 pounds in the last nine months, so walking this year will be even easier! One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime and the more we raise, the more the Columbus Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® can give back to fund vital breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs in our own community and support of the search for a cure.
Please join me in the fight by pledging in support of my participation in the Race or contributing generously to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Your tax-deductible contribution will fund breast cancer research, innovative outreach, and awareness programs for the underserved in our community.
It is easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make a donation online by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of this message. If you would prefer, you can also send me your tax-deductible contribution written out to Komen Race for the Cure. Email me at ljodamron@gmail.com for mailing info. Any amount that you can give will help! I truly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.
Thank you so much for your time and support in the fight against breast cancer! Every step counts!
I am walking this year in memory of two much-loved, very courageous women - my Aunt Loey, and my family's lifelong neighbor and dear friend, Betty Shaw. Interested in making a donation? My Komen page can be found here: http://columbus.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/CLM_ColumbusAffiliate?px=9850145&pg=personal&fr_id=2104

Thank you!
Laurie

2 comments:

Judy F said...

I hope you get loads of donations. Its a great thing you are doing.

Love the picture

Sasha White said...

Love the picture, and YAY on losing some weight!