Sunday, December 20, 2009

Shopping finished? Gifts wrapped?


I've wrapped all of the gifts I have so far. Sounds impressive, right? Wrong! I still have a considerable amount of shopping to do. I'm off work tomorrow and while I had planned on being home all day to play along with guest blogger Colleen Love, it looks like I'm going to have to make a trip to the mall with all of the other crazy procrastinators.
Lindsay and I (mostly Lindsay) made Rum Ball last night. Tim's sister always makes them and we love them but never have rum on hand to make them. We're not big drinkers here and if there's alcohol in the house it's more likely to be plain old beer. They're a no bake cookie and oh, so good. If anyone's interested, I'll share the recipe.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Laurie

4 comments:

Cathy M said...

They sound delicious, Laurie, I would love the recipe.

Laurie D. said...

Here you go, Cathy! I hope you and your family are doing well and enjoying the holiday season!

RUM BALLS
2 c. finely crushed vanilla wafers
1 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. finely chopped walnuts
1/3 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. light rum
powdered sugar

Line airtight container w/wax paper and set aside. In large mixing bowl combine ingredients (will be crumbly). Shape mixture into 1" balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Let stand one hour. Reroll in powdered sugar. Store in fridge.

Cathy M said...

Thanks for the recipe Laurie. Have both boys home these days so lots of great family time this holiday.

Best wishes to you and your family too.

Judy F said...

My sister used to make burbon slush. I could use some right about now. LOL

Hope you and your lovely family have a wonderful christmas.

Thanks for everything that you do.