Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm at Romancing the Blog today!

I'm today's columnist at Romancing the Blog! I hope you'll stop by! I'll admit that my article undoubtedly shows signs of desperation - I hit a total blank and couldn't think of a thing to write about.
I'm shopping today with my best friend in the whole world. We've been buddies since we held hands in fear in the back of Mr. Starling's driver's ed car when we were 16. One of our classmates had never been behind the wheel of a car before and we were scared to death every single time she got behind the wheel. Said classmate still lives here in town and I see her walking everywhere she goes, so I'm not certain she ever did get her license.
I hope everyone has a great weekend! Tim is celebrating his birthday tomorrow - 51 big ones! I'm making him a pan of baklava. He's impossible to buy for and with Christmas right around the corner, it's doubly difficult.
I'm trying to get organized and get some reviews and contests posted, but the days are just buzzing right by me these days. I apologize for the suckingly sparce posts! Thanks for hanging in there with me!
Laurie

4 comments:

April said...

Laurie, you did just fine! I jumped over to Romancing the Blog, read it, and felt all warm inside! You are a dear!!!!!!!!!

Barbara said...

Hey Laurie-

Your post was very interesting. Left my comments such as they were.

The baklava sounds YUMMY!!! tell Tim happy 51st birthday.

Judy F said...

I posted hope mine made sense.

You always rock.

Happy Birthday to Tim

Fedora said...

Happy belated birthday to Tim! Thanks for the update, Laurie!