Thursday, October 23, 2008

THINK THIN THURSDAY - a fun snack tip

I've thought for some time that I needed to get back on track with Think Thin Thursdays and had even started this particular blog about a week ago, saving it to post later. My pal Sasha White indicated that she's starting her Thursday Slim Camp blogs up again today so I decided this was a good time to get my extra grande ass back in gear too - solidarity, you know?

I'm sure you've probably all seen the commercials for The Laughing Cow cheeses on television. I think I've mostly seen them on The Food Network - they make the mini Babybel cheese rounds and little individual serving cheese wedges in different flavors. I've recently discovered the Light Swiss wedges, which make an excellent afternoon snack on Reduced Fat Wheat Thins, with pretzels, or on a mini bagel. Don't be put off if you don't like swiss cheese - I don't care for it myself, but I love these. They're so rich and creamy, you would never know that they're only 35 calories, two grams of total fat, 1 gram of sat. fat. The round (eight wedges) is a little over $3. at my grocery store - very reasonable for eight days' worth of snacks - if you can make them last eight days, that is!
So check it out - and let me know how you like it!
Laurie
P.S. - Don't forget the contest that's running until the 30th - scroll down!

3 comments:

Karin said...

I haven't seen the commericals for The Laughing Cow, but I have seen the ones for the Babybel cheese rounds. I almost picked some up the other day after I got back from vacation. As I love cheese, this sounds like it would be a great snack for me. Thanks, Laurie! :)

Lisa F. said...

I've never met a cheese I didn't like, but I've never looked at these. They probably wouldn't last a day in my house between the boys and myself.

Sasha White said...

I buy that cheese. LOL I like one block of it with the little 100 calorie bags of cheeze nips. :)