Friday, September 19, 2008

SWEET MEMORIES


I don't know how many of you have young children, but wanted to recommend a great Dr. Seuss book, I WISH THAT I HAD DUCK FEET. I read this book to my girls so much when they were young that I had it memorized. I don't know about the availability at brick and mortars, but you can get it at Amazon for under $10. Our elementary school used to have read-ins where parents and various city officials and local personalities would visit classrooms and read to the kids - I always took this book and the kids loved it. One time a few weeks after I'd been there to read to Kelsey's class we saw one of her classmates at the school's Secret Santa and this little boy yelled "Mrs. Damron! - did you bring your duck feet?" His mother and everyone around looked at me like I was a lunatic. He must have thought I took it with me everywhere, so funny.
Anyway, I just wanted to make that recommendation - if you don't have children to buy for, consider buying a copy for your local elementary school library or the hospital's children's wing - I guarantee you'll make lots of children smile!
Have a great weekend!
Laurie

2 comments:

Karin said...

Thanks for the suggestion. The Dr. Seuss books that I've read the most to my nieces and nephews (ranging from 8 to 4) have been Green Eggs and Ham and One Fish, Two Fish. Pretty much anything from Dr. Seuss is good and I enjoy reading them, even when the little kids are not around.

Fedora said...

Thanks, Laurie! We have a ratty copy of this that the kids enjoy reading and rereading! Dr. Seuss is definitely a winner!