Saturday, January 26, 2008

From my kitchen corner . . .



Everyone who knows me knows that I love to bake and I do a lot of it. I wanted this mixer for years and finally got one a couple of years ago - I've practically worn the poor thing out. I love the pistachio color, it matches my kitchen (which is a couple of shades darker) perfectly. I saw a mixer attachment discussed in the Food Week section of THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH back in November and immediately put it on my Christmas wish list. This product, called the SideSwipe, is incredible. Everyone who uses a stand mixer should have one. You'll never have to scrape the sides or bottom of your mixer again and the best thing is it's very inexpensive - around $25! I did a ton of baking for the holidays and hadn't made any sweet treats since - tonight I made a double batch of oatmeal/raisin/chocolate chunk/walnut cookies. The dough completely filled the mixer bowl and I still didn't have to scrape the bowl down.

I just thought I'd share this with anyone who loves to bake - it's a wonderful product!

Laurie

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Laurie-

Those cookies sound YUMMY. Send some over please.

Judy F said...

you know where I live... LOL