Friday, October 05, 2007

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!



Tomorrow (Saturday) my daughter's high school marching band is competing in a statewide competition known as the Buckeye Invitational, hosted by the Ohio State Marching Band, also known as TBDBITL - THE BEST DAMN BAND IN THE LAND! The contest is held in Ohio Stadium and it is a huge deal for them to get to perform in The 'Shoe." I signed on as a chaperone before it was announced that this was the OSU competition date. Before I knew there were going to be 30 bands in the contest. Before I knew it was going to be 90 degrees. Our kids will be performing at 2:15, so if you think of it and can send some warm, success-laden thoughts our way, it would be greatly appreciated! The OSU marching band is putting on an exhibition at 5:00 which will be very exciting, with awards to follow, putting our ETA back at school around 7:00 p.m. A long day, for sure.

On Sunday, we are going to the Prairie Peddler festival - a bi-annual crafts festival that hosts craftspeople of every type and bunches of great food.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Please be careful if you're out on the roads.
Laurie

6 comments:

Judy F said...

good luck to Kelsey I hope they do great. hope you stay cool today too

No plans for me today, In need to get it in gear here.

Anonymous said...

I'm late reading this, but it sounds like you had a busy weekend planned. I hope Kelsey did well on Saturday. I'll be anxious to hear all the details.

Stacy~ said...

I hope you had a great weekend Laurie, and that Kelsey did well. Can't wait to find out how things went.

Laurie D. said...

Thanks ladies for your good wishes! The kids scored a "2" which is "Excellent" so they were very pleased. Everyone strives for a "1" (Superior) in these competitions because that guarantees a trip to state competition. Fortunately, our kids earned a 1 at their second contest, so they will be going to states next month. Very exciting stuff! Saturday was a lot of fun, but boy was it hot - in the low 90's and brilliant sunshine. Lots of sunburned spectators!

Laurie G said...

I had problems posting but better late than never. Anyway glad to hear that all went well.
U-Wisconsin's band also claims to the very same title!!

Jodi said...

I'm really late with this pos, but just looking through some old posts. The picture of the "Shoe" caught my attention! It had to save it for something that I am working on! Saved me time of searching for a good photo!
BTW, congrats to Kelsey and the rest of her band mates!