Monday, August 06, 2007

Who's that lady?

Kelsey has band camp this week, every day 8 am-9 pm - very long, very hot days. The kids are going through lots of water. Each day this week there's a "theme" and today's theme was to dress like a celebrity - Kelsey went as Audrey Hepburn. So much fun! Tomorrow is college day, so she can wear her Ohio University (where her sister attends) shorts and shirt. I'll be attending parent band camp tomorrow night, where they'll try to guilt me into volunteering on every single sign-up sheet they have available. I'm kidding, mostly, as they will have lots of sign-up sheets, but I'm proud to say that I always do my fair share, so I'm not actually guilted into anything.
Have a great day, everyone, and stay cool - remember to check on your elderly or disabled neighbors during these hot days of summer. We're under a heat advisory today and tomorrow -the heat index now, at 11:20 pm, is still 92 degrees - that's just plain crazy.
Laurie

2 comments:

Suzanne Forster said...

Laurie, what a beautiful girl Kelsey is! Of course, you're proud. And she sure looks like Audrey Hepburn to me.

I hear you about the sign up sheets. I have to steer clear of those things because I haven't learned how to say that word that starts with N and ends with O. (smiles)

Suzanne

Judy F said...

Oh she looks so great. Hope you are staying cool.