Friday, February 16, 2007

Snow, Snow, Go Away!



My feeling on snow is this: If it can't make it here for Christmas, then I don't want it at all! We were in the middle of an extremely mild winter, 50s and 60s in December, and then temperatures decided to plummet in January, wavering between zero and the mid-teens. About two weeks ago we had our first "significant" snowfall of about five or six inches, and then we were dumped on with an additional 15 inches this past Tuesday. We were sent home from work early on Tuesday and then everything in the area was closed or canceled for Wednesday. We shoveled out by hand twice because Tim's snow blower wouldn't start. Bummer. He and two other neighbors went together a few years ago and bought this big industrial-sized snow blower, capable of taking down anything in it's path. He finally got it started on Wednesday afternoon - I think I heard a collective sigh of relief from the neighbors when they heard that bad boy start! Tim spent the next three hours cleaning out all of the neighbors' driveways, sidewalks, and around their mailboxes so the postman can get his truck up to the curb. He was like a kid in a candy store - too funny! Men and their toys.
I don't think I would even mind the snow so much if it wasn't so danged cold - five below zero this morning, with wind chillls nearing -20. A couple more inches of snow are predicted for tomorrow, and then I think I heard the weather guy say this morning that our temps will be heading into the 30s and 40s sometime next week - woohoo!
The above pics are of Fred, who enjoys the snow the most if he's looking out at it from the comfort of his doggy bed! The other is looking down our court, taken from our driveway.
I hope you're all staying warm and dry, and being extremely cautious out on the road if you're under cover of the white stuff too!
Have a terrific weekend!
Laurie

2 comments:

Judy F said...

Hey Laurie. what a difference a week makes. Glad Rad was last weekend and not this weekend. Yikes. My poor car hasn't been out of my garage since monday, if you don't count me trying to get it up the drive thursday night. Still nothing done to my driveway or sidewalks. Why do I pay rent again??? grrr. I do love snow but not this much I like it when it snows on the weekend and I have no were to be. This being trapped and begging for rides is getting on my last nerve. stay safe. Hugs to Fred. Sammy likes watching the snow fall, I know he misses seeing the birdies on the front yard. Hugs.

Stacy~ said...

It's supposed to be 38 degrees tomorrow (Monday) and I can't wait for it to melt some of this godawful snow! I hope it's let up by you guys too.

Today is sunny with a high of 20 degrees, so not horrible. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!