Monday, December 04, 2006

A TOUCHING EMAIL

I received an email (below) from a soldier in Iraq today. He was the recipient of some of the boxes I shipped from the troop holiday project. His appreciation is very moving, and hope that all of you will get the same satisfaction from reading it that I did.

Thank you again to everyone who donated money or tangible items, or donated books/author goodies for the raffle. I held back more money than was necessary for shipping in November, so I will be doing more shopping and shipping. Unfortunately, it will have to wait until after the holidays because my December is incredibly busy.

I would like to point out, however, that there was a misunderstanding from my letter to Brady; I at no time represented myself to be an author (you'll understand once you read his letter).

God bless,
Laurie


Ms. Damron,
Thank you so much for the packages. When I signed up for this program I listed that I had 6 soldiers. You sent enough stuff for our entire detachment (41). WOW!!! I wish you could have seen the soldiers faces light up when I handed out the stuff. Mail is so important and your boxes really did mean so much. I wish I had the ability to put into words how much what you did means to the soldiers but alas I am not an author (as you and your friends are). All of your items will go to use. And, please know, that NO you didn't brighten someone's day... you brightened 41 soldiers day!
Very respectfully,
Brady J. Sikorski
SGT Brady J. Sikorski

3 comments:

Stacy~ said...

Thanx Laurie, for always touching our hearts. I hope your holidays are the best ever.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing all that you did to make this happen, and to allow others to feel so wonderful about making a difference.

Best,
Jo

Judy F said...

thanks for sharing Laurie and for doing this project you are the best