Friday, September 15, 2006

YOU DON'T KNOW JACK - Don't miss Erin McCarthy's latest!

There is never anything ho-hum about an Erin McCarthy's book - her characters can charm the pants off of you, make you laugh, sigh and even cry. Every time I reach the end and close one of Erin's books, I savor the feeling of emotional satisfaction, every single time. This latest offering from Erin is no exception - it's terrific - consider this a firm push to go order it right now; it's an October release. You can thank me later.
Here is my review of YOU DON'T KNOW JACK:
Social Worker Jamie Peters has given up on ever finding true love. That is, until her psychic friend, Beckwith, predicts that her streak of romantic bad luck is about to change. Seeing how Beckwith is a six and a half foot tall male, usually wearing a dress, stilettos and full make up, some people might doubt his credibility, but Jamie has absolute faith in her dear friend. When a gorgeous stranger comes to her rescue on the subway, Jamie is certain that Beckwith’s prediction has come to fruition. This man has all of the qualities she wants in a man, he’s handsome, polite and thoughtful. One thing neither Jamie nor Beckwith considered were the several men in Jamie’s life at present – her estranged father, this charming subway stranger, the co-workers and former prisoners in her office; could it be that Beckwith has his psychic wires crossed?
Jamie is no stranger to Jonathan “Jack” Davidson. He knows precisely who she is and deliberately staged their “accidental” subway meeting so he could get to know her better. Jack is investigating her agency and its request for funding from his grandfather’s foundation. Something in the agency’s books just doesn’t appear to be on the up and up, and Jack suspects that someone in the office is involved with insider trading. His biggest problem with this mess is that he is intensely attracted to everything about Jamie – her mouthwatering curves, her sweet innocence, those sumptuous curves, her adorable freckles – and then there are those luscious curves . . . Jack suspects that she feels equally attracted to him. When the two of them act on that undeniable attraction, and spend an incredibly sensuous night together, Jack is in deeper than ever. He doesn’t want Jamie to know who he is or that he suspects her of illegal activities, but she happens to be one of his sister’s roommates; the same sister who is getting married in two weeks, making it impossible for Jack to remain anonymous for very much longer.
Jamie and Jack are wonderful together; both are sweet and kind, even if their backgrounds and social status couldn’t be any farther apart. Secondary characters include a vast assortment of family and friends, all of whom play key roles in the storyline. Erin McCarthy has the unique ability to completely draw you into her books every single time. I completely lose track of everything around me when I’m reading her work. Do yourself a favor and get your hands on this book as quickly as possible, you’ll have no regrets.

I take that back - I do have one regret. I regret not being the one to muss the hair on the cover model! What a great cover! Thanks Erin!
Laurie


6 comments:

Judy F said...

Great review Laurie. I loved this book. Beckwith was a hoot. Jack and Jamie sizzled. Now we have to get the powers to be to let Erin write the rest of the friends stories.

Stacy~ said...

I have my arc, but I haven't read it yet! It's definitely up soon. I love Erin's writing.

Laurie D. said...

I loved it too, Judy!

Stacy, you need to get busy and read this, it's especially good!

Kelley Nyrae said...

I am sooo looking forward to this book. I love her writing and I loved The Pregnancy Test so I can't wait for this one.

Erin McCarthy said...

Thanks for the wonderful review, Laurie! And I regret not being able to muss that model's hair too. That is one fine head of head. ;-)

I had more fun writing Beckwith than I probably should have. LOL. He became a bigger character than I originally intended because he was such a hoot.

It was also nice to write a hero who knows exactly what he wants- the heroine. There is never any doubt in Jack's mind that Jamie is it for him, and I find that sweet.

Hugs
Erin

Wolfy said...

Great review Laurie, and I too loved the book. It was a terrific read, and I am sure whoever reads it will agree with us.

Cryna