Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Quote, please, I need a quote!

I have been too busy at work and in my personal life with kids, housework, book reviews, to put more than a sentence or two together coherently so I'm going to share some of my favorite quotes.

I don't know where the first one came from. My friend April gave it to me when my favorite aunt, one of the most important people in my life and who understood me far better than my own mother, died a little over three years ago. The pain was crushing and this brought some comfort.

Perhaps
they are not
the stars,
but rather openings
in Heaven
where the love
of our lost ones
pours through
and shines down
upon us
to let us know
they are
happy.

This one is just silly fun:
I'd rather be a could-be
If I cannot be an are;
Because a could-be is a maybe
Who is reaching for a star.

I'd rather be a has-been
Than a might-have-been by far;
For a might-have-been has never been,
But a has was once an are!
Milton Berle

One of my favorites (oh, how true it is):
"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."
Elbert Hubbard

Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
Mark Twain

This one is in honor of my hubby, who is closing in on 8 months of being smoke-free - my hero!
Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.
Mark Twain

Sometimes it's like you're a big pie settin' on the table, and everybody runs up and gets their piece of you. When it's over, the plate's empty.
Loretta Lynn

A goodie from Ivana Trump when asked about her preference for dating younger men: "I'd rather be a babysitter than a nurse."

Do you have a favorite quote or saying? Come on and share!!
I hope everyone has a terrific day!
xoxo

2 comments:

Kelley Nyrae said...

I have a few. There is one that Oprah just said that I liked and happend to put it on my blog today. How funny. Here it is.

I stand in the place God has created for me.(Gotta love Oprah, I think that quote is great.)

The next one I dont know who wrote it, but I love it. Its one of my favorites.

Its never too late to be what you might have been.

Thats all I can think of right now. I love quotes! Arent they great?

Laurie D. said...

I love quotes too, Kelley! Wish I had something to say that was quote worthy! Thanks for sharing your favs!