Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


Wishing you all a wonderful Valentine's Day! Does anyone have special plans? Tim and I do goodie bags for the girls and their boyfriends and that's about it!
The law office where I work is in a building that has a bank on the first floor. When I had first started here (before hub was in the picture!) there was a guy that worked as a teller at the bank who asked me out a couple of times, and not being interested in him at all, I gently refused. Valentine's Day came and he presented me with a box of chocolate drops with dark chocolate. Not a fan of chocolate drops or dark chocolate, I took them home and gave them to my uncle, who loved both! He was thrilled with them.
I think my favorite Valentine's Day celebrations were when I was in elementary school and everyone decorated a shoe box with construction paper, doilies and stickers, cutting an opening in the top so everyone could put your Valentine's in the box. It was so exciting to open that box and see if your favorite friends gave you a "special" Valentine! Remember the heart-shaped suckers that were sold by the strip?
To honor St. Valentine, I have one more box loaded with romance novels of every kind. It's one of the U.S. Postal Service's "if it fits, it ships" large boxes. I can't begin to tell you what's in it because it's already packed up and ready to go. There's likely trade romances, maybe a couple of ARCs, series romance and mass market - it's a real mix! I'll draw the winning name this Friday, Feb. 18th.
Share something romantic that you've done for Valentine's Day, or something special you've received, something awful you've received, or heck, just say you're interested in the books - and you'll be entered! What are your favorite Valentine memories?
Have a great Valentine's Day!!
Laurie

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! A box of books is always a great surprise.

Helen L.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to answer your question. My daughter and husband took me out for dinner on Sat.

I usually get candy,

Cant think of anything awful.

Helen L.
gmapeony @ yahoo dot com

Barb V. said...

Thirty-one years ago today John and I were married. I can still remember my mom saying she did not "look for it to last." I think we have proved her wrong.

No special plans -- just a quiet dinner at home and then watching the Westminster Dog Show. They are my kind of party animals!

acdaisy95 said...

Would love to have a box of books!

Unknown said...

My hubby usually does nothing for Valentines day and he didn't do anything this year either, but one time he went and bought a pair of ear rings and had them attached to a white rose and place inside a balloon. I was in total shock when he did this.

Anonymous said...

Would love to have the box of books.

Ususally go out to dinner with hubby and spend some time the grandkids.

Joanne V.

BiteMeAsh said...

Unfortunately not that many memories to share that I have for Valentine's day - urrghh sounds so sad but its true! This year I'm spending it alone sitting at my PC blogging - LOL very 21st style
Happy Valentines Day from Rita in South Africa

BiteMeAsh said...

Wow its a great prize I only hope those outside USA are able to enter! Holding thumbs and toes, far away fan ;o) Rita from South Africa

Jane said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Laurie. It'll be a quite Valentine's Day this year. My cousin just broke up with his girlfriend so we might hang out.

tetewa said...

One year my boyfriend surprised me with Billy Joel tickets, we had a great time! tWarner419@aol.com

Mariee said...

A box of books? I'm interested! Please count me in.

marieimy (at) gmail (dot) com

Cybercliper said...

I got the BEST Valentine today - my DH has been gone out of state for the past 6 weeks helping his father. But he flew back in this morning in time to take me to lunch with a handful of plundered Gardenias - I love this guy!!! annhonATaolDOTcom

Maureen said...

Happy Valentine's Day! One Valentine's Day many years ago my husband and I planned our wedding.

Estella said...

My favorite Valentine's memories are also of grade school.
Would love the box of books!

Pat L. said...

I also loved getting and buying those valentines when I was in school.

A surprise box of books is always a treat.

Love to get flowers or go out to eat.

Never recd. anything awful.

catslady said...

Goodness, most definitely interested in the books. I got an electric can opener this year - I keep telling him nothing with a plug (unless it's a computer or TV) lol. Great prize.

catslady5(at)aol.com

CrystalGB said...

What an awesome giveaway. Count me in please. I think my favorite Valentine memory was the year my husband surprised me with diamond earrings. I was so surprised I cried.

Anonymous said...

Great prize. Would love to win the box of books. Have a great day.

Joanne V.

Lisa F. said...

Hi Laurie! I do remember those strip suckers! I really miss the kids being in elementary school - the parties, the candy, and watching them open their homemade folders made out of construction paaper that never held up to all the stuff that was crammed inside!

Eddie and I went to Carrabba's earlier in the week to avoid the crowds over the weekend. That's my favorite place to eat but we rarely go there because it's so expensive. We always get the kids just a little something, and now that they are older we usually tuck a little green note in there. They love that best of all!

Anonymous said...

I love Carrabas too. WE went out for a bite to eat. Going to a restaurant is always my special treat.

I would love to win this box of books.

DLMARTIN45@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

We too went out to eat - we also went to Carrabas beleive it or not and to any early movie on Sunday to beat the crowds. My parents babysat.

I would love to win this box of books; the anticipation of wondering what would be in it if I won.

lovesthemets at yahoo dot com.

Natalies Mama

Anonymous said...

A mystery box of books would be great.

I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers and we too went out to eat.

Karen T.