Wednesday, November 25, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you all have plans to celebrate with family and/or friends. How many of you start the day by watching the Macy's parade? I have the most wonderful memories of watching as a little girl, cuddled up on the sofa in my jammies. I still enjoy the parade. This photo is from the 1950 Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, pretty neat, huh?
I especially like seeing the high school bands marching and appreciating how much time and hard work they've put in their performance, how they've worked hard to make money for new uniforms, transportation, etc., and I get all teary thinking of how very proud all of their mothers are! I'd bawl my eyes out if I saw my child marching in NYC! Heck, I get teary just seeing the local high school bands in our little parades here in town, as my friend April can attest! I still remember the very first band concert April's son and my daughter were in in the fifth grade. I started getting all weepy and April whispered to me that I shouldn't cry, they would eventually get better. I had to laugh through the tears. Yes, they were bad, but I'm just an emotional mess when it comes to that stuff. And don't even think about playing God Bless America when I'm around, I cry every time I hear it. Such a weenie.
My very favorite thing in the whole, wide world has been being mother to my girls, and I'm most thankful for Tim and our girls. I couldn't be more proud of them, but it was been very difficult for me having them grow up.
I'm also thankful for my mother and all of my family, all of my wonderful friends, be they long-time or long-distance! What are you especially thankful for?
Do you have a long weekend off work? Our office always closes the Friday after Thanksgiving and we love having that extra day for an extra-long weekend. I'm also off on Monday, for a five-day weekend - woohoo! Kelsey and I have appointments at the Bloodmobile on Friday afternoon, and then we have some shopping planned for Saturday, and will be hitting the highway to take Kelsey back to school Sunday afternoon. I know the weekend is going to go by far too quickly.
Have a great holiday!
Laurie

4 comments:

Judy F said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

I am thankful for wonderful friends that keep me sane. LOL Or close to that. I don't know what I do without them all.

Thankful for the great care my dad is getting, its a blessing to know he is being cared for so well.

Thankful for my family though they get on my nerves I still love them. I am esp thankful for Amya she is such a joy.

Hugs

Dina said...

Happy thanksgiving!

Jane said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Laurie.

April said...

I can indeed attest to your freely flowing tears. In fact, I think you rubbed off on me because now I cry at the drop of a hat!! But you are NOT a weenie--just one wonderful friend! Be proud that you wear your heart on your sleeve!

What am I thankful for? Lots, starting with Warren, our children, family, friends like YOU, and...Sam may have a job!!