Thursday, October 25, 2007

THE BEAST WITHIN - the latest from Lisa Renee Jones!



YAY! Lisa Renee has a new book in the November Silhouette Nocturne releases (admittedly my first venture into this line), THE BEAST WITHIN is a beautifully written love story, rich with suspense and intense danger.
My review:
When Jag lost everything he loved hundreds of years ago at the hands of the Darkland Beasts, he is saved and given immortality by a man known only as Salvador. Present day, Jag begins to have erotic yet disturbing dreams about a beautiful stranger, and he is torn as to their meaning. Salvador can only tell him that the woman is important to his future and that he must find the answers for himself, which frustrates him even more.
When travel photographer Karen Gibson receives word that her brother-in-law has been killed and her sister injured, she rushes home to Texas to be with her sister, Eva. Karen has a strange run-in at the airport with a man (Jag) who is inexplicably familiar to her. She doesn’t understand the angry accusations he flings at her, but is too concerned about her sister to dwell on it. The woman Karen finds in the hospital isn’t the Eva she knows; something very mysterious is happening to Eva and she continues to fail, appearing to be near death. The search for answers suddenly turns just as frightening as not knowing anything. When a hospital nurse secretly suggests that Karen take Eva to the Jaguar Ranch for help, she immediately heads there, thinking she has nothing to lose.
Karen doesn’t realize that Jag has been having the same bizarre, sensual dreams as her; imagine her shock when she arrives at Jaguar Ranch and immediately runs into him.
Jag and all of the other residents of Jaguar Ranch have their hands full when the very evil that nearly destroyed him all those years ago appears, determined to take Eva away. There is no doubt that they will fight to keep Eva and Karen safe, but Jag has some important decisions to make – the most important being whether he’s willing to risk his heart in order to save his soul.
Lisa Renee Jones has written yet another excellent story with THE BEAST WITHIN. Jag comes off as forceful and intimidating at first, but for good reason, given his past. Karen is a very strong heroine, full of independence and unselfishly dedicated to helping her sister. While Karen and Jag neither understand the familiarity or the attraction between them, they are seemingly helpless against it.
This will not be my last read from this series – BEAST OF DESIRE is next from Ms. Jones and I have no doubt that it will be just as satisfying.

NOW FOR THE FUN! Lisa has very graciously provided a copy of THE BEAST WITHIN for a giveaway, along with a beautiful calendar poster with the covers for THE BEAST WITHIN and Vivi Anna’s DARK LIES – it is especially nice!
I’ll draw names from all who reply here (US only, please) on Monday evening, October 29. As usual with my simple little contests (hey, simple mind = simple contest!), if you send a friend over, you’ll get another entry - so tell ALL of your reader friends!
Thanks for stopping by – I hope you’ll check out this incredible new release from Lisa Renee Jones – and don’t forget to go look at her website!! http://www.lisareneejones.com/
Laurie

30 comments:

Jennifer Y. said...

Oooh...I really want to read this one!

CrystalGB said...

The Beast Within sounds great. Would love to read it. :)

flip said...

This is a fun contest. Would love to win it.

Anonymous said...

I almost didn't post, not wanting to hog all your contests! Does it count that I haven't received my last prize?

Thanks to you, I've enjoyed reading Lisa's books (and she's got a great name), and this one sounds a little dark and mysterious. I haven't read a Nocturne book yet so this one might be a good one to start with.

Anonymous said...

Romantic suspense are my favorites and this one sounds GREAT!!!! Can't wait to read it.

blessedheart said...

I just read Lisa's book "Hard and Fast" and I loved it! This story soumds awesome, too.

Rhonda :-)

Sheila said...

I'd love to win this book !!

Jodi said...

This sounds like a good book! I' haven't read any of the Nocturne books, but I may have to get this one!

sandyy456 said...

Can't wait to read this one!

Judy F said...

I have this one and need to get to it. You are awesome.

I want my entry for my friend Cathie

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!!

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone! Thanks for visiting and chatting about Beast Within! And thanks Laurie for the wonderful spotlight and review!

Lisa

Enchanted by Books said...

I JUST finished a Nocturne book today! My first one actually. It was Blood Secrets by Vivi Anna and it was SO good!! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to try another Nocturne book! Please enter me!

ReadingIsSoMuchFun said...

Great blog. My friend Rachaelfromnj sent me. I am glad she did saving this blog to my fav's. Lisa's book sounds very good. I checked out Nocturne's site and saw some very good looking books. I would love to try a Nocturne book.

Hugssss
LindaH

Anonymous said...

Great cover, Lisa! This one sounds great, exactly the type of book I enjoy. I've read a few of the Nocturne books and enjoyed them all.
Cynthya

Anonymous said...

Yea! Yet another great sounding book from Lisa!

acdaisy95 said...

Sounds like a great read!

Unknown said...

The books sounds amazing! Hard and fast was sizzling hot, so I'm really looking forward to reading this one. Great cover!

The poster sounds awesome. I just finished Vivi Anna'a Dark Lies and loved it too!

Unknown said...

Your books are always great. I really want to read this one. Can't waite for this one and the next and the next. Keep up the great work I'll always be a fan.

Christina said...

Congrats on the release Lisa! This sounds just as wonderful as the rest of your work!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to read this one

Cathy M said...

What great prizes, I love the excerpt for The Beast Within.

Anonymous said...

sounds good,

kim h

Unknown said...

the beast within was vrey good! i just read it and loved it,,im hoping for more of the beasts


so dont enter me in the book contest,thru if you just do the calendar be nice :)

Cherie J said...

I think this book sounds awesome! It is on my TBB list until I can get to the bookstore. My kids and I have been sick with colds so no energy to even stop by one or even to shop online. Would love to win this one.

Anonymous said...

I saw this book on the eHarlequin site and debated about getting it. Your review convinced me that I definitely have to read it -- sounds great.

tetewa said...

Yes this book sounds great, count me in! tWarner419@aol.com

Unknown said...

I love Lisa's books and I would say The Beast Within will be a great one no doubt.

EdgesAngel23 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EdgesAngel23 said...

This book sounds awesome! I can't wait to read it!!

Ashley A
rvds_angel21@yahoo.com