Tuesday, August 28, 2007

COMING TOGETHER FOR THE CURE & A CONTEST

I HAVE WINNERS!! I apologize for not drawing names last night - The winner of COMING TOGETHER FOR THE CURE is Barb V., the winner of Dianne Castell's I'M YOUR SANTA is Lisa F., and the winner of Dianne Castell's THE MORGUE THE MERRIER IS Laurie (no, not me!) If the winners will email me with their addresses at ljodamron@gmail.com, their books will be mailed out soon - I haven't received the CD copy of COMING TOGETHER yet, but will send it as soon as I do. Thanks to everyone who stopped by - I hope you'll be tempted to get your own copy of this book and support breast cancer research!!


Author Alison Kent http://www.alisonkent.com/ recently posted on her blog about a newly released anthology, COMING TOGETHER FOR THE CURE, from Phaze with proceeds being donated for breast cancer research. Alison is very generously purchasing multiple copies of this book, having received over 250 comments to her original post. Those comments were tributes of sorts to loved ones who have battled breast cancer - some battles won and some lost, but all are written from the heart. Below is some additional info about this book - I hope you'll take a sec to go check it out in more detail.
Anyone who visits here regularly knows that I'm a huge supporter of breast cancer research, participating in walks and various benefits annually. Having lost a very dear aunt to breast cancer, and with my mother and I both having our own repeated scares with this ugly, cruel disease, I decided to purchase two copies of the book, one for myself and one to offer up as a contest prize. I wish my pockets were deep enough to pick up several copies, but at the moment they're on the shallow side, so I'm limited.
I would note that the contest "book" is in CD form. I will draw one (U.S. only, please) winner from the names of those who express an interest by commenting here - the drawing will be held in the p.m. of September 8.
I'm doing this in memory of my Aunt Loey, who will lovingly remain in my heart forever.
Big hugs,
Laurie

http://eroticanthology.com/forthecure.htm

CONTENTS: (alphabetical by title)
A Town Called Night, by Sammie Jo Moresca
Angel on the Wall, by James Buchanan
Bound To Love, by Kelly Maher
Butterfly, by Alessia Brio
Discovery & Seduction, by Savannah Reardon
Domestic Goddess, by Lisabet Sarai
Ecstasy in E Minor, by Laurence Doyen
If We Were…, by Jeremy Edwards
Last Summer, by Jolie du Pré
Making Me Do Things, by Sommer Marsden
My Right Breast, by Amelia June
Not to Forget, by Vincent DiamondNuevo Dia, by Kate BurnsPhotographic Memory, by Harley Stone
Seduced, by Tomas Ohand
Stay, by Selena Kitt
Sweet as Vanilla, by Kis Lee
The Glimpse, by Robert Buckley
The Wet Spot, by Carys Weldon
Tree Hugging Can Be Fun, by G.C. Rider

18 comments:

Imp said...

Awesome, Laurie! (Don't enter me in your drawing. I'm just here to say THANK YOU!)

Stacy~ said...

Woo hoo Laurie, you are such an angel! I posted something at my blog - we need to keep spreading the word. Hugs and smoochies.

Trenae Evans said...

Whoo hoo!

This is excellent someone else joining in the challenge. I'll update my blog to show your blog on their as well.

Since I'm doing this challenge already please do not enter me to win the copy of the book.

Have a great day!

Tammi Flora
http://blog.tammiflora.com
Comment for the Cure: The Blog Goes On

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your lose. And I'm very happy to hear about someone else helping with the fight to cure cancer. We need all the help we all can get. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Maybe someday we could actually have a cure. Marie C

Anonymous said...

Bless you Laurie for your involvement in promoting this worthy cause. I can attest that when you have had a scare yourself, it makes you appreciate the ongoing research even more. This looks like a great anthology.

Jodi said...

This is such a grat cause. Thanks for spreading the work about this book. It is on my wish list.

Judy F said...

what a great cause. I am sorry about your Aunt. I hope this helps spread the word. Hugs

Meljprincess said...

This is wonderful! Please count me in for the contest. I'm a nine year breast cancer survivor.

Melissa

Barbara said...

Nice to see this posted here as well. Looks like a cool book for a very worthy cause.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Laurie for your help with this disease. My mom is a 6 year breast cancer survivor so this is very near and dear to my heart, and one I support continuously.

Anonymous said...

It's a great thing your doing, Laurie :) This is such a great cause... I support the cause with Running for the Cure in a 5k race.

Laurie D. said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by and for your interest and support! Bless you all. Please tell your friends to stop by!

ChristyJan said...

What a great thing to do!

My Mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in March and then they found out she has ovarian cancer also. She is fighting a brave fight. She turned 69 today.

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful thing for you to do. And my sympathy on the loss of your aunt.

Cheryl

Laurie G said...

Hi Laurie,

What a wonderful way to remember your aunt Loey!

I have a friend Cherie that had breast cancer about 12 years ago. Unfortunately it has recently returned!! We are desperately trying to keep her spirits up. She has a son who is in 8th grade.

Count your blessings and definitely make every day count!

Cherie J said...

What a wonderful thing to do Laurie. So sorry about your Aunt. We had a brush with cancer with my mom a few years back. She had surgery to remove a malignant lump. She has been cancer free since then which has been a big relief to say the least. We are so thankful.

Laurie G said...

Thank you Laurie for your enjoyable blog and more importantly for your efforts in the fight against breast cancer.

I'm looking forward to reading Diane Castell's book. I don't think I've read anything of hers yet.
On a sad note, my friend Cherie's younger sister has also been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Meljprincess said...

CONGRATULATIONS WINNERS!