Thursday, May 11, 2006

Ciar Cullen's The Biggest Kahuna

I don't know who has or hasn't read Ciar Cullen (fka Therese MacFarland) http://ciarcullen.com/, but if you haven't, I would suggest that you stop unknowingly torturing yourself immediately and check her out. I've recently (yesterday) read her latest release, THE BIGGEST KAHUNA and have already started to reread it. This is a new release from publisher Loose Id - check it out here - http://www.loose-id.com/detail.aspx?ID=239 Now I don't hold myself out to be a huge fantasy/paranormal fan, but Ciar's work is too much fun and too cleverly written, to ever miss.

My favorite of her books is THE GHOSTS OF KEY WEST (THE BIGGEST KAHUNA runs a very close second). I still feel that GHOSTS is one of the best ebooks I've ever read. Also by Ciar and not to be missed are (from Samhain) THE WIZARD OF TIME, THREE NIGHTS IN GREECE, MAYAN NIGHTS, and OUT OF MY LEAGUE. Ciar's upcoming releases, THE SERPENT HOUSE and LORDS OF CH'I also look to be great and I'm looking forward to reading them as well as two books that I haven't read but have heard unending praise for - THE PRINCES OF ANFALL and DARK PRINCE OF ANFALL.

KAHUNA takes place on the island of Maui, where Shark God, Kalahiki Kamahoili and his sister, Pele, the Volcano goddess, have spent the past two thousand years. When Nikita Michelson leaves Chicago and an ugly divorce behind her for a new start in Maui with her brother and his family, she isn't looking for love. Love is exactly what she finds though in Kal, who adores her and wants to spend eternity with her. Kal has only loved two other women in his two thousand years, and neither was willing to make the sacrifice necessary to gain immortality. He isn't sure he can withstand the heartache of losing Nikkie, but it doesn't look as if she's keen on the idea of sacrificing herself to the volcano in order to be with him forever. The secondary characters in this book are priceless and I can't wait to read more about Pele, who is written with incredible bite.

While you're checking out Ciar and her books, please also look at her new blog - it's great fun!
http://ciarcullen.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Laurie D. said...

No thanks necessary, Terry! The prayers are much appreciated.