Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ONE RECKLESS SUMMER from Toni Blake!

Toni Blake has a new release, ONE RECKLESS SUMMER, and it's available - now! What a great cover for summer reading, don't you think? Toni's characters are always the type of young woman that most women want to be - beautiful, intelligent, with good girl innocence written all over them. Until they find the right man, that is, and then they're as sensual and seductive as warm satin. And then there's the cute little nicknames that their guys always give them - Snowflake (ok, so this was in a Lacey book, not a Toni book), Pussycat, Cupcake, Kitten, etc. Do any of you have a snappy or cute nickname? Do you know what my hub calls me? Puss. Not pussycat like Jenny in ONE RECKLESS SUMMER, just plain Puss. We've been married almost 30 years and I've been called Honey and Babe (and probably a couple of others behind my back), but mostly Puss. Toni's "guys" are always so dreamy - the hero's name in ONE RECKLESS SUMMER is Mick - I don't know about you gals, but every guy I've known named Mick was a bad boy. With the exception of one, and I'm pretty certain his mother meant to call him "Milque" (as in "toast") rather than Mick. Surely there was a typo on the birth certificate. Poor guy.
Here's a blurb:
The perfect daughter. The perfect prom queen. The perfect wife. Jenny Tolliver’s been the good girl all her life, and it’s gotten her nowhere. Now that her marriage has been busted up by her cheating ex, she’s decided it’s time to regroup and rediscover herself. This summer she’s headed back to her hometown of Destiny, Ohio, to the very lakeshore cottage where she grew up, to figure out what life holds in store for her next.
She never dreamed the answer would be Mick Brody, Destiny’s #1 hellraiser. He comes from the wrong side of the tracks (or in his case, the lake), and he’s landed in hot water more times than he can count. He’s exactly the kind of guy Jenny’s always kept her distance from … but soon the good girl and the bad boy are caught in a raw heat that’s out of control. Too bad Mick’s got a secret that
threatens to tear them apart and ruin Jenny’s perfectly, passionately reckless summer …

And you'll find even more here about ONE RECKLESS SUMMER including a video, a great excerpt, review snippets and a link to order.
Thanks for checking it out!
Laurie

12 comments:

Tee said...

Laurie this is a awesome book. I cannot wait for the next Destiny book.
Toni really knows how to tell an good story.

Lise said...

I vouch for that Tee of Toni knowing how to tell a good story.

Laurie, hubby used to call me "weaster", after my name "Lise", get it? Never mind ROLMHO

Toni Blake said...

Laurie, first, thanks so much for posting about ONE RECKLESS SUMMER, and I'm glad you enjoy the nicknames my heroes provide for the heroines. You'd be surprised how few people have ever even brought that up to me, despite it being in almost every book ; )

Anyway, fun question! And I'd answer it more thoroughly, but my husband's many nicknames for me are just bizarre and you'd guys would think he was weird ; ) However, I WILL share one of them - one of the less weird ones ; ) From almost the day we met over 20 years ago, he has called me T-Bear. Because I used to collect bears (but don't anymore) and I just generally like bears (both teddies and real ones ; ) ) Now, it's almost like it's my real name ; )

And I think it's cute your husband calls you puss :)

Thanks, Tee and Lise, for the nice compliment about my stories : ) You guys rock!

Toni Blake said...

Forgot - I also wanted to comment about the cover. Isn't it just gorgeous? I love it - and it's the cover I have always dreamed of having : )

Judy F said...

the cover is so pretty. I hope to get it this weekend when I get paid. I can't wait to read it

WK said...

Hi just wanted to stop by and say Thanks for featuring Toni. I haven't read this one yet but will soon! Well as soon as I can make it to the bookstore to get it!!!!

Great post.
hugs,
WendyK

Jane said...

I love Toni's books. Can't wait to pick up "One Reckless Summer."

Unknown said...

This books sound awesome and what a cover! It is beautiful and fall right into this season. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is out already. Yay! Cannot wait - I love your books - my first was The Red Diary and I was hooked. If any of you out there, have not read Toni's books, get going; you will hot be sorry!

And yes I think the cover is appropriate for summer.

Good luck with the book.

Pat L.

Barbara said...

I just got this book yesterday. Can't wait to read it thie weekend I hope.

Lindsey said...

Yay! I'm so thrilled this book is finally out.

Great blog topic, Laurie. I love the nicknames, too - such a Toni trademark - and I'm always excited to see what the new one will be. I've never really had nicknames, though I was visiting a distant, elderly relative last week and she kept calling me "punkin" because she couldn't remember my name. ;)

Laurie D. said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by! I finally got my copy last night at the mall. Went to B&N and they hadn't received their copies, so I went to Waldenbooks and they had just three left - woohoo, Toni! It was shelved on the "new releases" wall next to another very summery looking cover.

Have a great weekend!!