Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Check out Absolute XPress

Absolute XPress http://www.absolute-x-press.com/ Absolute XPress
Welcome to Absolute XPress; a publisher dedicated to E-Books and Short Run Printing in the Romance and Erotic Romance genre. Quality books at a price you can afford. Why not poke around and see what we have to offer! Sign up today and get 5% off your first purchaseAlso come by and see the author round robin at our blog http://www.absolute-x-press.blogspot.com/ Sign up for the newsletter while you are there and then hop over to the Contest blog at http://www.axpcontest.blogspot.com/ .We look forward to seeing you there... Heather (heatherg@absolute-x-press.com)Promotions ManagerAbsolute XPress
The Absolute XPress Authors
R.L. Stuemke
I am R. L. Stuemke, 56, an academic librarian from Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Yes, Oshkosh B’Gosh – but that company barely has a presence here now, so I would rather the city be remembered for the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, and for the Experimental Aircraft Association. I’ve been writing stories since I was in second grade, and I’ve spent the last 25-30 years writing a long list of stories, both original and derivate (fanfiction) for fanzines, and more recently, for online distribution. I’ve written Westerns, fantasy, science fiction, mysteries, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Willow, Blake’s 7 (one novella and two novels), and others, up through the two Lonesome Dove weekly series.
I’m also an avid reader, and my great interest in fantasy gradually led me into paranormal romance, which in my opinion now represents some of the most original and inventive fantasy being published. My first experiments in writing this intriguing, genre-bending fiction were actually several derivate stories, involving characters from ER. Well, one character in particular: tall, dark, handsome, European, mysterious past – perfect subject! I enjoyed it so much I tackled writing original paranormal romance, the first one, ‘Renovation’, for an online anthology, ‘Studs ‘R Us’, edited by Denyse Bridger and still available at no charge on her website. I am so pleased that my very first professional sales were two paranormal romances, published by Absolute X-Press.
For ‘Galerian’s Gift’, I used my own version of the present-day life of elves, exiled to Underhill but still able to observe, and sometimes interfere with, human existence. Galerian enjoys helping humans in serious trouble, and in this story, he has a major impact on Elizabeth’s life three times, keeping her safe and bringing her together with the great love of her life. In ‘Under the Gryphon’s Wing’, a pair of antique mirrors magically bring together two lonely people, with the help of an adventurous three-legged cat. AXP has published the two stories together, as one book. I look forward to learning what readers think of these stories, and therefore I ask you to not only read them, but to review them as well.
I’m planning to continue writing paranormals – already working on stories with selkies, foxwomen, and possibly deer shapeshiters - so I hope you will continue to see me around these parts for some time to come.
Ellen Ashe
Ellen grew up in a haunted house in Nova Scotia, Canada. Unexplained footsteps and late night whispering were a normal occurrence so her fascination with the paranormal has had a long history. After obtaining degrees in English Literature and History at Acadia University Ellen travelled- teaching in Thailand and England- collecting stories and memories that would later weave through the fabric of her books. She now proudly works for Canada's largest bookstore, Chapters. Ellen resides in Alberta, Canada with her Celtic husband, Stuart.
Love Not Forgotten
Scottish Paranormal Romance
Kirkland Hall is haunted. Kate Daniels, part inheritor to the Scottish estate, knows nothing of its history- that a bloody scene four hundred years ago between rival clans saw two lovers separated by murder- and that these tortured spirits have spent the centuries searching for each other. Nor does she know anything about the dark and moody ‘caretaker’, Alex MacTavish. No sooner does Kate arrive when she feels the house whispering its welcome and pleading for her help. And as her relationship with Alex begins to deepen, Kate discovers the name Daniels is interlinked with the home's violent history of betrayal and murder. So too, is the name MacTavish.
Kelly Wallace
Kelly spent her childhood honing her craft and torturing her younger sister with tales of the beasts and ghouls that lived under her bed, waiting to nibble on uncovered toes. When her short story devoted to Abraham Lincoln received 5 gold stars and was displayed in the school office she decided right then and there at the age of seven that her ultimate dream was to become an author.
A lover of romance and strong characterization, Kelly believes that any story worth reading should have a hero/heroine that the reader can fall in love with. She is currently living her dream, writing sizzling tales of suspense with paranormal elements, as well as contemporary and humorous romance. All of her books contain highly sensual love scenes and sexual tension that will make your heart race!
Kelly has lived in Los Angeles and Baltimore, and now resides in Tucson with her assortment of furry and furless kids, and her geeky rocket scientist.
Blurb for Chosen One:
What if you could lay your hands on a person and heal broken bones, cure snakebites, and soothe fevers? Would you find a way to understand it, strengthen it, and help anyone you could? Or would you hide from society and quell the energy you weren’t sure how to control? What if your child awoke one day with this talent and you had no idea how to help him? And what if after many long months of desperately searching for answers one arrives at your door… Noel Posas is the Dream Master of a village in the Mexican jungle that goes in search of their reincarnated healer. Elise Colby is a widow who is trying to find answers to her son Matthew's strange behavior that the psychiatrist wants to label as multiple personalities. Desperate to help her son and confident this dark Indian can help them both, Elise acts on instinct and goes with Noel to his luxurious cave-home in the Xilitlan jungle. Soon they uncover more than just her son's healing powers as Elise and Noel discover a passionate love they never dreamed they would find!
Denysé Bridger
Canadian born and bred, and a lifelong dreamer, I began writing at an early age and can’t recall a time when I wasn’t creating in some artistic form. My love has had several on-going love affairs that shape much of what I write, the American West, Victorian England, cowboys, a passion for pirates, Greek Gods, and Ancient Egypt. The other endless love affair in my life is Italia and all its magic, beauty, and dazzling culture. That passion spills into all aspects of my life.
My first major fantasy novel is AS FATE DECREES. (Available in bookstores everywhere, and on Amazon’s international sites.) The novel relies heavily on Greek Mythology, and is set in Ancient Greece and modern Athens. If you enjoy a tale of Gods, Destiny, and the battles of an Eternal Champion, this is the book for you! Not surprisingly, there’s a touch of romance throughout, of course! “It’s what I do best, after all!”
A visit to my website will show the diversity of what is currently available, and the mixing of genres and styles that will be employed in many up-coming projects as well. The Italian influence is in evidence with several of the more important works, as many people already know. To stay current with all these projects, or to just say hello, please feel free to email me anytime, there’s a contact link on the mail menu. I promise I will do my best to answer everyone, though it may take a day or two, so please be patient! Or, feel free to sign up for my newsletter, which is called Romance and Fantasy. If you prefer to chat with me and other readers, the newsgroup is open to everyone. Denysé Bridger News.
Apart from my author hat, I also carry the title of Acquisitions Manager, Editor-in-Chief for the Romance Division of Absolute XPress. We're open to submissions, so do keep us in mind for that special story you've been dying to submit!!
Current Release:
HEART OF STONE ISBN: 10: 894817-04-4ISBN: 13: 978--1-894817-04-2 Publisher/Buy: Absolute XPressGenre: Action/adventure thrillerPages: 66 - Price: $3.95Cover by: Justyn PerryRandall Stone is the stuff of heroes, a mercenary given a discharge from the army he has served with his life. But the government is still interested in using the skills they've taught Major Rand Stone, and he continues to work with his hand-picked team. Into his shadowy world a light has come, and in her love, Stone discovers unhoped for joy, and, perhaps, unbearable sorrow?
Read an excerpt HERE
Colleen Love
Colleen Love has always lived in her own fantasy world, so writing came naturally. Her world has always been enchanted by the Fae, whether it is exploring the wild wood around her home, or wandering the vast Pacific beaches. Life always seems to hold her under its enchantment. She loves to be the creator of her own worlds with unusual, fantastic characters, while exploring and breathing new life into old legends and stories that have faded into time, or something beyond what is here and now, maybe something that may have existed at one time, but no one really knows. Add in a few monsters, sprinkle in a bit of magic, a warrior and a woman strong enough to counter the balance and there is the perfect story for her.
Colleen loves to spend time with her family and critters. She loves to garden and play in the dirt, work with horses and her other critters. She saves writing for rainy days, being from the Pacific Northwest she writes a lot!
Blurb:
Two cultures, two lives, one path.
Rendered helpless, captured and stripped, Elizabeth Smythe is taken away from her privileged life and everything she knows. Her captor, Spirit Walker, treats her with gentle compassion, winning her trust and love. Elizabeth discovers Spirit Walker is so much more than just a strong man and beautiful Earth Spirit.
When Spirit Walker receives word a woman he admires has been given to a neighboring tribe to dispose of, he rescues her. Despite not knowing who or what he is, she shows neither fear nor weakness toward him or her fate. Her strength earns his respect and more important, his heart. Opposition from both of their cultures tries to separate them. Can their love withstand the heat?
Brigit Aine
New to the publishing industry as an author Brigit is excited to announce the release of her first book in August of this year by Absolute XPress. Living in Sacramento, CA with her husband and two boys, Brigit has a busy day job, but her love and passion is writing. Weekends and evenings are devoted to creating a wonderful world full of psychics, werewolves, vampires and empaths. After all, in Brigit’s world these are just everyday occurrences. Come take a visit to Brigit’s World at http://www.brigitsworld.blogspot.com/ .
A small taste of what is to come…
Everyone sat down and Red watched Ethan and her grandmother both take a bite out of their buns. “Death by chocolate every time girl. You know this is better than sex, at least at my age.” Casey grinned at Red and saluted her with the fork. “Your talent is wasted in the city, nobody enjoys what they eat there.” Just as Red was going to tell her grandmother that she agreed and was thinking of coming home, she heard a low groan from Ethan. Looking over she thought she could see him shimmering. “Ethan,” she questioned, “are you alright. Grandma is he alright?” Red questioned Casey. Ethan was shimmering, as in a golden light was emanating from all around him. He was groaning as if in the middle of an orgasm and it was the most erotic thing Red had ever seen, at least at her grandmother's kitchen table.
Lainey Bancroft
Lainey Bancroft leads a dog’s life. Or is it that she lives for her dogs? Nope. That’s not it. Ah, her dogs run her life. When she isn’t catering to the canines, she has a couple teenagers only too happy to fill her spare time with parent/maid type duties, a home based business she helps her husband run, parents who live a little too close for comfort, and neurotic sisters. Is it any wonder she likes to escape to her basement office and invent romantic situations for imaginary friends?
Lainey has been writing all her life but got serious about it a few years ago. She has won numerous contests and has a variety of novellas published. Cozumel Karma is her second published full-length romance and she has a dozen more in the pipeline.
An excerpt from Cozumel Karma
Cole eyed me across the table as though he wasn’t sure if I was going to pass out, have a convulsion or climb aboard and do a dance. “She’s gone shopping to get you some clothes and stuff. If there’s anything she forgets, you can send her for it after, or she can take you with her.”
“I’m sure whatever she supplies will be fine. I don’t expect to need much while I’m here.” I grinned, devilishly pleased at his discomfiture. “Some new shades and an economy-sized bottle of sunscreen ought to do it.” I poured us both coffee, thoroughly enjoying my tenure as lady of the babe’s beach house.
“Sure, no problem.” Cole added a heaping spoonful of sugar to his cup.
He stirred frenetically until the clanking of his spoon threatened to destroy my unaccustomed high-spirits. I finally had to reach over and grip his spoon hand to still him. “Was it something I said?”
His tan, which had previously faded, darkened another shade and I could see what a struggle it was for him to meet my eyes. “You weren’t—I mean you didn’t really… You don’t think I should marry you because I knocked you over a cliff do you? I mean, shit! I said I was sorry, and I know I said I’d do anything, but…”
I laughed again because he looked so ready to cry. He also seemed determined to keep himself on the hook for the accident that had been as much my fault as his. I was sure if I forced the issue, the poor bastard would have me for his bride. What a doll he was. What a scream this entire situation was. I was trapped on the most beautiful island on earth, with the most gorgeous man in the universe and not a stitch of clothing. I couldn’t have planned it any better.
I finally took pity on him. “Of course I don’t want you to marry me, silly.” His broad shoulders, nicely accentuated in a red polo shirt, actually sagged with relief, and then stiffened when I continued to say, “Who says you have to get married to enjoy a honeymoon?”
I watched his full bottom lip bob open and closed a few times and all I could think about was how perfect a tiny pillow it was and how badly I wanted to dive into it. It would be soft and warm and sweet. A perfect contrast to the rest of him, which I could tell at a glance, would be hot and hard. I felt my eyes narrow and my breath grow short at my runaway musings. That knife-slash jaw of his begged to be nibbled, even his ears were perfect. As I eyed them, my tongue snaked out to wet my dry lips and I envisioned it circling around the golden lobe of his ear until he shuddered with passion.

Wow! Great stuff, huh? I hope you'll buzz over check out this new publisher and it's wonderfully talented authors. You'd have to search far and wide to find a nice bunch of people. Don't forget the contests and discounts - extremely helpful in today's economy, right? Thanks for taking the time to read the bios and excerpts!

Laurie

2 comments:

Karin said...

Looks like I have some new authors to check out. Thanks, Laurie! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Karin. We look forward to seeing you over at Absolute XPress