Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Lacey Alexander's VOYEUR


I haven't read every book by Lacey Alexander, but I have read several and while they are sizzling hot and extremely sensual, sometimes with sex acts that I prefer to skim by (I don't mean this in a bad way, please don't get me wrong, I have no problem skimming past something I don't care for, so long as the rest of the story is engaging), I love the way her characters always fall in love to round out the story with a happily ever after! I anticipate the HEA in every book I read, every movie I watch, etc. There are several movies that my daughters and I have watched countless times (Hope Floats, You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, An Affair to Remember, The American President (my favorite) just to name a few), and I have my favorite scenes, but I cherish those happy endings. I have to admit that I'm not a huge movie-watcher, I just can't sit still that long - I'll typically go about my business doing housework, laundry, cooking, etc. and the girls will shout to me that the happy ending is coming up; then I'll go sit down and watch those last few minutes that make my heart swell. They tease me about it, but they never fail to call me to the television so I don't miss it!
I got off track a tad, sorry. I have known Lacey for quite some time - the majority of which I didn't even know that I knew her - how crazy is that? Lacey is the alter ego of author Toni Blake, who is equally talented, lol, writing sensual contemporary romances that are a perfect mix of sweet and spicy. Toni recently came out, if you will, and revealed her secret identity. I was pleasantly surprised, having wondered for years just who Lacey Alexander was. Knowing that it was a secret made me want to know just that much more!
I was fortunately enough to read Voyeur for Romance Junkies review and would like to share that review with you.
They met via web cam and instant messaging, and soon after are experiencing every fantasy imaginable. Can losing their hearts be far behind? Lacey Alexander’s VOYEUR has all of the makings of a memorable erotic romance.
When novelist Laura Watkins is up against a serious case of writer’s block, her best friend thoughtfully arranges for her to stay at another friend’s mountain retreat, while insisting that sexual release is what Laura truly needs to get her creative juices flowing. Laura decides to let go of her inhibitions during a bout of insomnia one night, at which time she spots a web cam. Certain that the camera isn’t turned on; she fantasizes about what it might be like to have the homeowner actually watching her. When an instant messaging conversation the following day with Braden Stone, the owner of the home, reveals that he was indeed watching, and that he wants to see more, Laura’s conservative nature threatens to return. When Braden unexpectedly returns to his home and the two share untold fantasies, Laura’s writer’s block immediately lifts and she’s soon producing page after page on her manuscript.
Braden Stone doesn’t know when he’s been more turned on by a complete stranger. When he’s no longer satisfied with continuing a long-distance electronic relationship, he shows up at the house and Laura’s fantasies become reality. Spending time with Laura has brought unexpected emotions to the surface for Braden, totally unexpected and not wholly welcome to him. The end of Laura’s week at his home arrives and Braden reluctantly allows her to leave without revealing the feelings that he has developed for her.
Lacey Alexander has given readers an intensely sensual book with VOYEUR. Her trademark heat intensifies love scenes into a heated compilation of erotic sweetness. Laura’s discovery of the real woman deep inside herself is intriguing and Braden’s self-assuredness is just the right touch to keep Laura moving on the path of self-discovery. Laura’s novel is a side story of sorts, and it too is very entertaining.
If you like hot, erotic romance with no holds barred, yet sensual action, then this book is for you. Long-time Lacey Alexander readers as well as those who are new to her work will be thrilled with this latest release.


I hope you'll buzz over and check out Lacey's website - it's beautifully done and has info on all of her work - http://www.laceyalexander.net/ - and then run over to Amazon and order your own copy of Voyer:
http://www.amazon.com/Voyeur-Lacey-Alexander/dp/0451221192/ref=sr_1_2/105-2447986-2238813?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1182359732&sr=1-2
Thanks for stopping! Two more days until the drawing for those two copies of THE WRITE INGREDIENTS!!
Laurie

3 comments:

robynl said...

thanks for bringing Lacey Alexander into our lives.

Judy F said...

I have this in the pile need to get to it. I love Toni's books I am sure I will love these as well

Stacy~ said...

Loved this book. Knowing it was Toni made it even better cuz I love her writing too *g*