Sunday, May 27, 2007

THE WRITE INGREDIENTS

In honor of Memorial Day and our troops past and present, I'm reposting this from a month or so ago - I hope you'll read to the bottom of this post to see how you can support our troop program. If you don't like to cook or can't use the cookbook as a gift for someone, you can also mail a check or gift card to me as I do shopping for and shipping to the troops. I can understand how you might be reluctant to send a total stranger your hard-earned money, but I can guarantee that every penny sent to me goes to support our troops. I have shipped out over 600 pounds of much appreciated supplies to the troops to date. If you have questions, feel free to email me at ljodamron@earthlink.net and I will try to answer your questions. If you would prefer to support the troops yourself, please visit http://www.anysoldier.com - this is an excellent website that provides all of the necessary information for sending packages to our brave men and women serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Bless you all.

My previous post:
How exciting is this? Many of you may remember my pleas a while back for recipes from authors and readers alike. The simple little recipe book that Lori Foster decided to put together, with proceeds (or the majority of the proceeds) to benefit our troop shopping program, has turned into a full blown beautiful cookbook, printed by Samhain Publishing. A portion of the proceeds may also be used to benefit the YWCA Battered Women's Shelter and a homeless pet shelter in Cincinnati. Below are links to Amazon and Samhain for purchase of this cookbook (available June 1); it will also be available in brick and mortar bookstores that choose to order it in. The cookbook will be available at Lori's Author/Reader Get Together in Cincinnati in June, with many of the contributing authors available for autographing at the booksigning on Saturday.
I hope you'll all check it out and keep in mind the wonderful causes this cookbook will support. Please help us spread the word - tell your friends!
Thank you!!
Laurie

2 comments:

Judy F said...

Oh can't wait to get a look at it.

Laurie G said...

My children have several friends serving primarily in Iraq. I congratulate you on all of your efforts in supporting them overseas.
The local library and the one & only new/used book store here send out book packages (Asking for donations and contributions of your used books)to the troops overseas. It's a wonderful feeling to feel like you're doing something that might raise their spirits!