Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Whole Lotta Lottie




Ok, there's not really a whole lot to Lottie, weighing in at two pounds, she's pretty tiny. Lottie's brother, who I named Parker while he was in my care, has gone back to school with Lindsay and her roommate. Eliza will take him with her after the school year is through. His name has been changed to Algernon. These are two kitties from the second litter of cats born next to our parking lot at work. My friend and I rescued two from a previous litter earlier in the fall. Found a home for one and she kept one. There are about five more from earlier litters, almost full grown now, but they have proven to be very elusive and we just can't catch them.
I hope everyone's new year is off to a good start. I am so far behind on book reviews that it isn't funny. I feel just rotten that I haven't had time to sit down and pen the reviews. I've read excellent books by Ciar Cullen in Mayan Nights and Lords of Ch'i, and haven't been able to finish Love's Alchemy. Ciar's books aren't ones that I flit through by reading a page or two here and there - I like to be able to sit down and escape with her books when I'm able to take time to absorb their goodness. Denyse Bridger has two books released in her Michael Devane series and I haven't been able to read either of them yet. I've read Sasha White's The Cop and Bound, both get down and dirty, just plain gritty - incredibly good. She has a writing style like no one else. I've also read Judith McNaught's Every Breath You Take, which was excellent, just as expected. She is one of my absolute favorite authors, one of few that I will actually buy in hardcover.
I know what you're thinking, she should take time to write a review or two rather than doing all of this reading. I agree, but just couldn't get into writing reviews for quite a while. Even went on hiatus from Romance Junkies for a few months. I do reading/proofing for a handful of authors and did lots of reading for a few weeks, and then once the holidays got close there was just too much going on and I couldn't even think about reviews, but now I'm off of hiatus and ready to get back on the ball. The review I feel the worst about being late with is Janice Maynard's Play with Me. This is an incredibly good, very sensual book, sent to me by Janice long ago, and I still haven't finished the review. I suck.
I thank anyone who has continued to stop by - after all, I haven't updated or commented for quite some time.
Happy New Year everyone - I hope you'll come back soon and that I will be popping reviews out right and left very soon!
Hugs,
Laurie

4 comments:

Stacy~ said...

Hey Laurie, are your ears burning? I was just kicking myself about not doing my reviews - especially Janice's. I feel so terrible; it's just been a crazy time for me right now, and I haven't had a lot of energy to write the review she deserves. I suck too!

I also have some author interviews to work on. I know what you mean about reviewing instead of reading, but I need to be in the right frame of mind to review, otherwise I can't concentrate. I think you know what I mean.

Hugs, kid. We'll be miserable together LOL.

Judy F said...

Hey Laurie, Lottie is so cute. I miss the kitten stage sometimes.

I know what you mean on reviews. I Just finally got Janice's up not to long ago, then had to redo it cause it wasn't showing up yet on b&n..

Enjoy the nice weather while it last

Laurie D. said...

Oh you two, thanks so much for stopping by and being so sympathetic! I don't know when I've been so sloth-like when it comes to reviews. I finally got it written for Janice this evening and I hope this is the start to a new year of wonderful reviews!
Thanks for stopping by, you're the best pals ever!

Anonymous said...

Loved the kitty pics!