Sunday, October 29, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Halloween!!



I love Halloween! I don't dress up or go to parties, but used to have Halloween parties for the girls and their friends until last year, complete with creepy snacks and drinks and a scary movie. It just didn't work out last year or this year for us to have a party. Maybe next year.
Here's a picture of Fred in his angel costume last year. Needless to say, he didn't have it on very long before he started shaking, trying to get it off! Here's also a picture of the pumpkins Kelsey and I carved this afternoon. The Superman "S" and the Elvis are designs we do every year. Lindsay always used to do the "S" but since she's away at school, we do it in her honor! We might end up carving a couple more tomorrow night, but our hands were too tired to do more.
My mom used to live on a dark, quiet dead-end street, and hardly had any trick or treaters, and then she moved into a retirement apartment, and has none, so she has always come out and sat with me to hand out candy. She's leaving Tuesday for a vacation in Switzerland, Italy, France and Germany (lucky mommy - her first trip abroad!), so it will just be Kelsey and I handing out candy this Tuesday evening.
I hope everyone has a fun, safe Halloween! Don't forget that I'll be drawing names in the troop raffle after trick or treat (sometime between 8 and 9 pm), so stay tuned for the announcement of winning names!
Laurie
:)

5 comments:

Stacy~ said...

Awww,Fred looks so cute. And wow, great job on the pumpkins Laurie. They look so cool.

Laurie D. said...

Fred thanks you, Stacy! We have patterns for the pumpkins, which makes it fairly easy! Trust me, I'm not artistic enough to do anything but triangle eyes and noses if I'm working freehand! Hope your Halloween is fun and not too spooky!

Judy F said...

Ah sweet Fred. I will have to see if I can check this out at work. I can only see the big s here at home.

No trick or treeters here at my place. Last year I had to work the mall, yikes.

Hugs it was so great to see you Friday...

Jennifer Y. said...

Have a great Halloween! Those pumpkins look great. Cute dog!!!

We never get any trick-or-treaters because we live on a main road and it isn't safe...plus there are no kids around.

Laurie D. said...

I hope you all have a great Halloween! We've had over 300 trick or treaters before, but our city has spread so much that there are more and more places for the kids to go, so those numbers have dropped way off. Plus we're on a court with just one street light so lots don't venture this way, they just walk on by.
I have to remember to tell Tim to get our candy out - just 12 bags this year - I asked him to hide it after we bought it so I would stay out of it! I'm just too weak.