Monday, September 11, 2006

UPDATED! - Holidays for the Troops

UPDATED PRIZE LIST - Check it out!!
Hello everyone!
I know that no one wants to hear this, but the holidays are right around the corner!! For that reason, I am putting together another Holidays for the Troops project. I have high hopes of this being our most successful holiday campaign to date!
I think you all know the drill by now, but please humor me while I do a quick run-down for those who don't. You send either items to be sent to the troops or checks, money orders or gift cards to be used to shop for the troops, I then put together shipments and send them out to servicemen and women in Iraq and Afghanistan. This link - http://lorifoster.com/author/militarytribute.htm - will take you to the Military Tribute page on Lori Foster's website, there you will find a complete list of suggested items in the event you would like to do your own shopping for the troops.
In return for your donation, your name will be added to a raffle for some wonderful prizes. While I haven't decided on just how to put the prize packages together, these are the authors that I have heard from so far about donating books and/or other goodies:
Lori Foster: A t-shirt and tote bag from Cafepress, one arc of Causing Havoc, one copy each of A Very Merry Christmas, Jude's Law, Murphy's Law, Wildly Winston, When Good Things Happen to Bad Boys and Bad Boys of Summer
Dianne Castell: Three copies of Texas Bad Boys and other goodies
Becky Barker: Books
Karen Kelley: Books
Erin McCarthy: One copy of You Don't Know Jack, one copy of High Stakes, two copies of The Night Before Christmas, and one copy of The Naked Truth
Jill Shalvis: A box of Aussie Rules for the raffle and to send to the troops
Shiloh Walker: Two copies of Hunting the Hunter, one for the raffle and one for the troops
Toni Blake: One copy of In Your Wildest Dreams and one copy of Taking Care of Business
LuAnn McLane: One copy of Dark Roots and Cowboy Boots, one copy of Hot Summer Nights and one copy (if she has her copies by then) of Love, Lust and Pixie Dust
Janice Maynard: One copy of Wildest Dreams and one copy of Suite Fantasy
Kelley Vitollo: One download of her ebook, Dream Man
Rita Raymond: Three bath & body gift baskets
Stacy Ahlgren: $25. gift certificate to Barnes & Noble
Alyson Hackett of Mucky's Morsels online bakery is donating the following raffle prize: 1 dozen Seven Sinful Layers, 1 Dozen Chocolate Chip and 1 dozen Mint Brownies. Check Mucky's Morsels out here - (be prepared to drool):
http://www.muckysmorsels.com/
Laurie: $25. gift certificate to Gooseberry Patch online country store - go have a look: http://www.gooseberrypatch.com/

Other authors have expressed an interest, but haven't yet indicated how they wish to help. I will be adding to this list as I have further details.
The raffle drawing will be held on October 31st.
I especially enjoy these holiday shipments because I can add boxes of cards for the troops to send to their friends and families, as well as holiday music, lights and decorations. Cards and letters from those who donate are hugely appreciated and always commented on. It is incredibly heartwarming and rewarding.
I am hopeful that if you have a blog you might mention this project and provide my information. Please let any authors that you're acquainted with know about this exciting project!
There is absolutely nothing political about this project. It is simply a show of support for the men and women who serve our country.
Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks bunches,
Laurie
ljodamron@earthlink.net
http://lauries-laudanum.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

Judy F said...

You are such a marvel.... I do have some books for you and will get a gift card or something together soon. Do you have a cut off date???

You rock.

Laurie D. said...

Gads, how could I not include that info? I've amended my original post - the raffle drawing will be held on October 31st.

Thankfully, Judy always has my back!!

Stacy~ said...

Thanx for the info Laurie! You really do rock :)

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that you continue to do this in such a big way with everything else you have on your plate. I will be sending you either a check or a gift card later in the month.

I forgot to tell y'all that my new fur baby is an Army brat. Her breeder is the wife of a major currently deployed in Iraq. The family is super nice, and really motivated me to want to support other nice folks who are stuck in a bad place.

Judy F said...

That is really sweet Barb V.

Laurie D. said...

Thanks, guys!

Barb, thanks so much! No rush on sending something - you have until the end of October! Still waiting to see a picture of your new baby! How sweet that she's from a military family - she could be our mascot!!

Anonymous said...

Regarding pictures of Callie: I don't have a digital camera, but I finished off a roll of regular film and dropped it off at Sam's today. The pictures will be available online. Hopefully at least one of her will be good, and I'll send an e-postcard to the group. Should have it Friday-ish.

Kelley Nyrae said...

This is really great! I just sent ya an email!!

Stacy~ said...

hey girl, I added a little somethin' to the list....me for a $25 B&N g.c. Feel free to add it to the prize list :)

Laurie D. said...

Stacy! Big hugs to you! Thanks so much - this is so incredibly sweet - just like you! I'm going to add you right now. :)

Judy F said...

Stacy is such a sweetie. This is going to be awesome

Jennifer Y. said...

You are awesome Laurie!

Laurie D. said...

The prizes just keep rolling in! I need to update my list - again! The response has been tremendous - if these great prizes aren't incentive to make a donation, I don't know what would be!! Thanks so very much everyone - I can't begin to tell you how touched I am by your eagerness to be a part of this great project!!
The biggest of big hugs to you all,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU, Laurie!!

Anonymous said...

» International Trial Of Novel Breast Cancer Drug
14/12/06 07:03 from Breast cancer blog from medicineworld.org
-------------------------------------------------------------
A clinical trial of a new targeted breast cancer drug, led by
physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Cancer
Center, has begun enrolling patients. The TEACH (Tykerb
Evaluation After CHemotherapy) trial will investigate ...


For useful content on breast cancer information, nutrients help prevent breast cancer and gift giving for breast cancer: check
the url is http://breast-cancer1.com